Maybe try the following steps. These assume the current stable build of Chrome
running under MacOS 10.9.2. Also, since you will be using VO during the process
of initially installing ChromeVox, keep in mind that VO does not always work
the same in Chrome as it does in Safari or straight webkit. Sometimes if I’m
not able to locate an element in chrome using the VO web rotor I might still be
able to find it using the item chooser or by simply taking the long way ‘round
and VO+Arrowing or even tabbing through the page.
1. Launch Chrome.
2. Go to www.chromevox.com. On that page, navigate to the link labeled
“”Install ChromeVox” and activate the link by pressing VO+Spacebar. This will
hopefully take you to the appropriate Chrome webstore page for ChromeVox.
3. Now navigate to the button unhelpfully labeled “Free” and activate it by
pressing VO+Spacebar.
Chrome might popup a window listing the potential privacy and other issues. If
you are comfortable with these, navigate to the button labeled “Add” and
activate it by pressing VO+Spacebar. At this point the ChromeVox extension
should install itself and start speaking. You can toggle the active/inactive
state of ChromeVox by pressing Command+Control+AA

Some ChromeVox settings are adjusted by going to chrome://extensions, then
navigating to the ChromeVox extension and then activating the options link.

My suggestion after successfully installing ChromeVox is to go back to
www.chromevox.com, read the information on that page and walk through the
interactive tutorial.

HTH,
Bryan