Hello Stuart,

I would strongly urge you to download and try the latest version of PDFpen from
the www.smilesoftware.com website. The trial version has a few limitations but
nothing that will prevent testing a PDF file to see if you can access the form
fields. I’ve been testing the latest version, 6.3, and have found that I can
navigate through, interact with, and fill form fields in PDF files using
standard tab and VO navigation techniques. Note that I have been testing with
PDF files that I know were created using the PDF accessibility guidelines, and
YMMV if you are attempting to work with non-compliant PDF files.

Also note that I’ve only been focussing on testing the specific VO improvements
mentioned by the Developer in the current release notes, including labeling of
buttons and access to form fields. I don’t think PDFpen yet provides full
access to headings, tables, etc.

In my opinion version 6.3 of the PDFpen application provides a glimmer of hope
that true access to accessible PDF files may someday become a reality on the
Mac.

HTH,
Bryan