Assuming the file is actually posted on the web page, a right click (or
vo-shift-m) will give you the option to download the file.  If it's in one of
those players that don't allow you to see the file, that's a different story,
but, yes, audio hijack will definitely record the file for you w/o any trouble.
 Simply set it up to hijack safari audio, press record, then switch to safari,
and begin playing the file.  I'm not sure if osx downloads the files before
playing them or not.  A lot of stuff these days is done via streaming, so the
file may never exist on your hd, regardless of how long it is.  If it does
windup there during it's playing though, you can find it in your
~/library/caches/safari folder (somewhere) I've never determined where it it
decides to put things, and searching through that mess for a currently playing
file is a bear, since rarely does it have a recognizable name, but
occasionally, it does work.
hth.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.