Hello Judy,

My first thought would be to make sure your Mac has the latest ICA compliant
driver for your scanner model installed. If I remember correctly, FineReader
Express used TWAIN scanner drivers while FineReader Pro uses ICA drivers. You
can probably get the latest driver by either running software update on the Mac
or by going to HP’s website and checking the available drivers for your scanner
model. You might also look at Apple’s website listing compatible
printers/scanners. The US version of that page can be found here:
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465

If that does not resolve your issue, can you provide the following information?
1. What model is your HP scanner?
2. What version of MacOS are you running?
3. How is your scanner communicating with your Mac? (USB, Wi-Fi, etc)
4. What is your FineReader version?
5. What is the version of your installed HP scanner driver?

HTH,
Bryan

On Dec 1, 2014, at 8:38 AM, Judy Pryor <judith.pr...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I downloaded Fine reader pro from the AP store last night as it was on
> special offer.  My HP scanner works with Abbeyfine Express but I can't get
> Fine reader pro to recognise the scanner it just says no device connected.
> So how do I connect it?

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.