Clean installs of 10.10.1 on 2 different Macs here have yielded no love with
VO+J in either Finder or Mail in Classic view. I wonder what might be different
between our systems.

Interestingly, it seems to be the sidebar VO+J has an aversion to. If I show
the path bar in Finder, VO+J will reliably hop back and forth between the list
of applications and the path bar, and if I have the preview pane showing in
Mail’s classic view, VO+J will gladly hop between the message list and the
preview pane; however, if the path bar and preview pane are hidden, VO+J will
jump from the sidebar to the file list or message list but will not hop back.

On Dec 8, 2014, at 3:57 AM, Fred Smith <snuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After much frustration with the vo j command, I had the hard disk on my
> macbok air erased, followed by a clean install of Yosemite, and now the
> command works perfectly, at least in Mail and the Finder. So, if anyone is
> having the same problem, it's worth persevering -- it can work in Yosemite.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.