You could plug in some external speakers, just the same.
HTH.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <challswor...@icloud.com>
To: "OS X & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Mac-access]: iPad Mini 2

Well, I can't wear headphones or at least I'm put off wearing them after
an ear infection which nearly perforated my eardrum back in March. Sorry
for the waffle but!

On 10/12/2014 18:19, Brian Fischler wrote:
> Sorry to hear you restored your device as the same exact thing happened to
> me with the new iPad mini and all you need to do is plug in headphones to
> hear VoiceOVer and from there for some reason with headphones plugged in
> you can then raise the volume. I did soft resets and nothing and was
> completely lost when VO sound went away but for some reason plugging
> headphones in does the trick. Yet another crappy bug of the awful IOS 8
> On Dec 10, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Christopher Hallsworth
> <challswor...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I want to share this experience with you all.
>> This morning I was playing with the TuneIn Radio app on my iPad Mini 2
>> when all of a sudden sound quit working unless I use Siri. I then
>> rebooted the device several times with no joy. I even tried the volume
>> buttons with no joy either. So in the end I had to restore using iTunes.
>> But lol! Find my iPad was enabled so guess what? I had to restore the
>> iPad Mini 2 in recovery mode! To do this whilst connected to iTunes press
>> and hold the home and sleep/wake buttons for about ten seconds, after
>> which release the sleep/wake button but keep the home button down until
>> you see a message from iTunes that it has detected a device in recovery
>> mode. Click ok and restore as usual. You can do this even with Find My
>> iPad, Find My iPhone or Find My iPod enabled. The first time was an
>> absolute failure because the problem came back after restoring from an
>> iTunes backup. So had to do it all over again, but this time it was a
>> success after setting it up as a new device in iTunes. So all mornin
>    I downloaded all my apps and configure the device in general.

>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
>> at the list's public Mail Archive:
>>
>> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that
>> strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should
>> something unpredictable happen.

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
> at the list's public Mail Archive:
>
> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at:

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.