hey all,
i have a TV with a 3.5MM headphone jack witch i used to connect to the mike
port on my windows computer and record the sound.
on the mac i have run into some significant difficulties with this.
Obviously the Mac has no dedicated microphone jack witch can be overcome with
the iMike USB interface witch i have got. this has a mike jack so i thought i
would be fine.
The main problem that I am having is that on that and any other computer a lot
of USB recording devices including this one have an unpleasant buzzing sound. I
have found this problem over multiple systems and multiple USB devices. My
theory is that it is electrical interference between the computer and the USB
interface.
what i would like to know is this, is there a way to use the 3.5MM patching
cable connected to the headphone port on my television to somehow Connect to
the Mac without USB? because i'm not getting the best Sound with my current
configurations.
thanks for any help on this.
Michael

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.