This depends on how much work you want to do yourself.  It's of course
perfectly possible to build a site from scratch, and code everything yourself.
It's also a whole lot easier to use a package like jumla, wordpress, buddy
press, dolphin, or drupal to do it for you.  There are issues with each of
these, but generally, they can be made to do what you want, with the proviso
that you have to do things their way, or learn to code around it yourself,
something that is sometimes easier said than done.
However, many many people are using cms systems (I wrote one myself several
years ago) to handle their web sites so they don't have to.
But, with all that said, if you wish to code your own, it's certainly possible,
if short, simple, and straight to the poing with no fuss and no muss is what
you're after, then by all means, write your own html code and put it up.
However, it sounds like you're in a position of not knowing html coding, so
more than likely, a solution like wordpress is likely to do you the most good.
There's loads of places you can get wordpress training, (including from me),
and some of the training is good, some isn't, some is free, some isn't, so it
all depends on how much time and effort you'd like to sink into it.
Find yourself a host that will install wordpress for you (many do) and give it
a try.
Even on the list here, there's plenty of folks that do both wordpress hosting,
and training, so if you strike out on your own, and get stuck, you can ask (as
long as it's vo related of course).

If you're looking for an accessible html editor for the mac, I highly recommend
taco html editor, I've used it for years, and never had any problems with it.
It's relatively inexpensive to register, and has all kinds of included
templates if you need a hand making your code.  I use it all the time, and like
it a lot, but I know there are other options too that work with vo, so perhaps
others will chim in with those.
Again, it's all based on how much you know, how much you want to know, and how
much you want to put into the site.
hth.