Anyone here able to help me out here?
I normally do my editing with quicktime pro, and usually, that's enough.
However, I currently have a file that has all kinds of background noise (mostly
air conditioners/heaters, and (probably) water fountains kicking on and off
during the whole presentation.  I know audacity has the ability to filter out
these kinds of things, but having loaded it for the first time today (never
needed to do such work before) I'm at a loss as to how to do these things.  I
know it needs me to select the piece of noise I want to cancel, then apply the
filter, but I can't figure out how to do the actual selection, I can't seem to
get it to select anything but the whole file.
Any assistance here would be appreciated.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.