--- David DeFelice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have VPC 6 running on my G4 OS X. Which 3.5 usb
> drive do you us and find easy to use with both
> platforms?

Anyt that is USB Mass Storage compliant should work
with both. OSX has native support for FAT32 and
Windows' Long FileNames. Silly Microsoft has still
not seen fit to include built in support for any
filesystems other than FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.

FAT12 is used on floppies, and since Windows 2000,
on any storage media with a formatted size of less
than 32 megabytes. From exactly 32meg to just below
64meg, the default filesystem for 2k and XP is FAT16.
>From exactly 64meg on up, the default is FAT32.

This only applies to removable storage media, disk or
solid state. If you have a device that uses media
smaller than 32meg and it will not work with FAT12,
do not format the media using 2K or XP. It's difficult
to get it back to FAT16, unless you have access to
a 98/98SE/Me system and a device to read it that
is accessable to the system as a standard drive type.

=====
Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in
each weekend. Fun.