Darren wrote:

>> J.M.P.Hissel wrote:
>>
>>> using a PM9600/350, OS9.1, 576MB RAM,
>
> Have you tried Mozilla on the PM9600?

<snip>

> Mozilla downloaded the file in 3 minutes 42 sec. Sustained transfer of
> 397kb/s so it says.
>
> http://www.pure-mac.com/webb.html lists a few different browsers and
> updates for OSX, Classic and 68k and kinda worth a look. I doubt
> "Wannabe" is 380mb. The Mozilla version there is old as we use 1.3.1
> which is not a real release so your mileage may vary.
>
> Any way I look at it your install of iCab beats my cable. I guess I
> should try it again.

Hi.

Have to say I'm partial to WaMCom [unofficial Moz]
<http://www.wamcom.org/> on Macs running 8.6 - 9.x and Win boxes running
98se - even in preference to newer Moz releases on 98se.

WaMCom is the final Moz to run on 'classic' Mac.

Can't be bothered doing DL speed comparisons tho'... seems to DL fast
enough on either Mac or Win for my liking [ADSL] and beats the panties
off IE for necessary features.

Cheers