Gregg Eshelman wrote:

When I get around to rebuilding the 7300, I'll most
likely hunt up a Apple branded 10/100 card for it.
I'd love to find a deal (cheap) on one of those
Orange USB/1394/IDE cards.

3 n 1 ? I picked up a FW/usb combo card a few years ago, no problems with it over OS8.6. The extenal box that houses the ATA connected through a FW or usb interface seems to be where the $ go

I'm still waiting for someone to get creative and
write USB 2.0 drivers for OS9.

Have you seen any for win3.1 or 95? OSX is easy, just pinich them from the free software community.