Turpin wrote:

I need help.  I have been designated as the editor of my company newsletter,
but the paper had been done with Microsoft Publisher, and I want to do it on
my own computer--a 12' iBook.  Obtaining an expensive program such as
Pagemaker is not an option.  Does anybody have any suggestions as to which
application I should use, that would translate the current Publisher format
to a Mac application?  Or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks for all suggestions.

For free under OS8.x-9.x you might take a look at Ragtime Solo, I'm going back a couple of years now and don't know about its current status apart from the fact its free for personal use, I believe there is also a win32 and OSX version. On OSX you have open office and a couple of others including RT.

Please keep in mind that I cant edit my own emails properly so have no idea what you are asking for exactly and can only suggest Ragtime may be of some use but worth a look if nothing else, download is around 60mb, "its not InDesign or Xpress" but they're not free for non commerical use are they?

You may be lucky with the format, good luck.

There is an english site somewhere, http://www.ragtime.de/ is the only thing I find as a main site. TuCows, ect, can supply english versions but little info, sorry