Randal Du <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote Subject: Microsoft Word Compatibility
Ok, I have a Performa 637CD with Mac OS 7, and I need to find a word processor that can read .doc files, because the performa is the only one connected to a printer (SW 2500). Is there any free processors
that could do this?

Hopefully your computer came with Appleworks (older versions are called Clarisworks) installed, or the CD or floppies. That program can open .doc files. Select 'Open' and from the dialogue box, select 'All file types', then click on the document you wish to open. Appleworks will use MaclinkPlus to open this. Also, on the Clarisworks/Appleworks CD, there are often installers for both Mac and PC, so you can make documents compatible that way.