Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the information. I will write this section in the guide and come back with the instructions to the list soon.

What we maybe need is a good page for all the language packs at installation. Currently we have wiki pages, ftp sites etc.

Best
Per

Uwe Altmann skrev:
Hi Per

Per Eriksson schrieb:
I am still working with the setup guide for OpenOffice.org 3.0, and is
approaching an updated and very nice guide.

Good Idea.

However, please help me with the following question that I have. How are
language packs installed on the Mac OS X platform?

Is there any document written for this that might help?

A year ago, Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org> worked successfull
on that:
http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=mac&msgNo=6482

See above - you don't download the script alone, but the dmg
containing the script :-)
And the languagepack installer doesn't switch the UI language by
itself. The user would have to manually switch the language in
Tools|Options→Languages, so he won't be presented with an
incomprehensible UI in that case either :-)

(the language will only switch if the langaugepack matches the
langauge of your Mac-Settings and the base version doesn't since OOo
defaults to "default" - so when you have a french version of Mac OSX,
an english base version of OOo and then install the french
languagepack, OOo will launch with french UI, since "default" means
langauge of the operating system - but if you use Mac OSX in that
language, I'm sure you'll understan OOo in that langauge, so no
problem here...)