Try running the setup software again.

Brian O'

On Apr 15, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Ann Richmond wrote:

Hello All,

You have been so helpful to me in the past although I am only a
lurker and not a member that I hope someone can give me some pointers
on this problem.

I just hooked up my Epson CX6400 printer to my daughter's iMac
running 10.3.9. I installed the Epson software from the cd. Then I
went to the Printer Setup Utility to select the printer and it shows
no printers. When I select ADD PRINTER and ask it to look for  usb
printers it finds the cx6400 but says 'driver not installed'. I
thought I might need an update and went to the Epson site and
downloaded and installed 3 patches. Restarted and opened printer
setup and got the same message after selecting add. It knows the
printer is there but says no driver.

I have never had much luck with the printer setup utility in OS10 so
maybe I'm overlooking something obvious.
(The printer works perfectly and with no setup issues on my 9600 OS
9.2 as well as my new IBM work laptop running Windows XP.)

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ann Richmond

Tax weekend stress abounds!