FYI... One more outlet for your opinion

Kind regards,
Andy
a0arno01 at athena.louisville.edu

----------
From: "Wayne Klein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:24:14 -0700
To: <a0arno01 at athena.louisville.edu>
Subject: Microsoft Litigation

 Thank you for the comments you submitted to our office regarding the
Microsoft case.  Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, along with Attorneys
General from other states, has decided not to join the settlement reached
between the U.S. Department of Justice and Microsoft.  We believe the
proposed settlement fails to achieve the necessary goals of a proper remedy:
halting the illegal conduct, promoting competition in this industry, and
depriving Microsoft of its illegal gains.

 The judge in the Microsoft case will be considering whether to approve the
proposed settlement between the Department of Justice and Microsoft - and
deciding whether additional (or different) remedies are appropriate.  If you
would like the judge to know your views regarding the Department of
Justice's settlement, you should submit your comments to the Department of
Justice by January 28, 2002.  Comments submitted to the Department of
Justice will be forwarded to the judge.

 Comments are encouraged by e-mail or by fax, but regular mail is
acceptable.  The e-mail address for comments is "microsoft.atr at usdoj.gov"
(in the subject line, type "Microsoft Settlement").  The fax numbers are
(202) 307 1454 or (202) 616-9937.  If you send comments by mail, they should
be sent to: Renata B. Hesse, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice,
601 D Street, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, D.C. 20530-0001.

 Thank you again for contacting us.

 Mark Shurtleff, Utah Attorney General

The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will be January 22.
For more information, see <http://www.aye.net/~lcs>.