Now that you have introduced me to the Activity Monitor and its help
library, from what I can tell, which is about as much as I can tell
when looking under my car's hood, nothing is out of order.  Since I
can't attach it to the internet here, I don't know what the network
monitor says so will take it to the library today and see what that
reveals.  I wonder if there are other activities I should monitor
while it's online or if that one will yield important info or not.
Needless to say, when clicking on help articles placed me in the
developer connections, I fled.  Is there a particular measurement
which indicates that something is amiss?

Thanks very much for your help.

Randy