Tel: 502-491-1820 ext.330
Fax: 502-491-7701
www.neffpackaging.com

                      MTYREE at aol.com

                      Sent by:                              To:      macgroup
at erdos.math.louisville.edu
                      owner-macgroup at erdos.math.lou         cc:

                      isville.edu                           Subject: MacGroup:
seeking wireless advice

                      04/30/2006 07:08 AM

                      Please respond to macgroup

I'll soon have a DSL modem attached to an eMac (1 GHz, 1GB RAM) upstairs,
and I want the signal to reach two downstairs computers: an old G3 iMac
(400 MHz, 768 MB RAM, slot loading) and a Dell laptop (my employer's and
already wireless ready).

So the old iMac will require the old version 802.11b AirPort card, right?
Are there wireless USB adapters that will work on the iMac, or if not, then
where might I find an old AirPort card?

Are there routers (D-Link, Netgear, etc.) that  will work, or do I need to
go with an AirPort? And if an AirPort is recommended, then which one?

As you can tell, I'm new to this. Help is much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Milt