Oh, my!

I have found the coolest and easiest way to share images and videos.
It's called Jing. It's kind of a simplified Snapz Pro X crossed with
(the also wonderful) Skitch.

Basically you hit a hot key, tell it what you want to record, whether
you want a still or a video, you annotate it, and it saves your
capture out to a file or uploads to the online resource of your
choice (Flickr, FTP, or for free at Screencast.com). THEN it puts a
link on your clipboard so you can just paste it into an email.

Here is one I made just now:

<www.newmediaconstco.com/2008-01-01_0300.png>

And here is one I made of the program in action (taken with OS X
screen capture):

<www.newmediaconstco.com/Picture2.png>

I am amazed at all it does and it took me minutes to take a snap of
something on my screen, annotate it and upload it to my website.

I have no relationship to any of these companies (other than having
paid money for a couple of them) and no reason to tell you about this
other that I just thought you might all get a kick out of it.

Jimg is free for now, but they say they will charge for it eventually:

Jing:
<http://www.jingproject.com>

Skitch:
<http://plasq.com/skitch>
(Skitch has most of the same features and is really great if you're
just needing stills)

Snapz Pro X:
<http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/>
(More expensive, more features, but very mature and gets the job done.)

iShowU
<http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html>
(Does video quite well and is a lot cheaper than Snapz Pro.)

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]