What I do (YMMV):

I buy the cheapest that says it will work, usually starting at
www.dealram.com, making sure they guarantee it (most do), and then
return it if it doesn't work.

Most suppliers have lifetime warrantees, so call where you ordered it
and put a little firmness in your voice and ask for a replacement.
All the manufacturers pretty much get their chips from the same few
factories, so there is not a lot of difference as long as they carry
the same spec. Crucial, Kingston, 18004memory, etc. all are reputable
providers of memory to the world, but sometimes a chip is just a
little off and doesn't get caught in testing. The few times in the
last two decades that I have had problems with RAM I have had no
trouble getting the provider to replace it, whoever it was.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]