Sounds like you might be using dhcp and it has a new address. give
the mac a static ip address. delete the pin holes and reconfigure and
test again.

Brian O'Neal

On Apr 5, 2008, at 5:07 AM, Jeff @ SLYN Systems wrote:

We have been attempting to create remote access to 2 macs that are
behind a Netopia router employing Netopia's equivalent of port
forwarding, know as Pinholes.  We created a pinhole for port 548, one
of the two ports that AFP is set up to use, (The other being 427).
The remote Macbook at the customer's home is running system 10.5.
The target Macbook, located at the customer's office behind the
router, is also running system 10.5.  This setup worked briefly but
then halted.  We tried rebooting the router after this failure but
the Home Macbook fails to connect.

The second Mac that is behind the firewall is an Emac running system
10.3.  We attempted to set this up using a pinhole for port 427, but
this did not work.  After doing some research, found a command line
that could be issued to set up the second Mac to use port 549.  The
command line is as follows:
ipfw add fwd localhost,548 tcp from any to any 549 via en0

This command line failed to load.

We've also tried a direct AFP connection to a printer via port 427,
but this also failed.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!  Thanks.

Jeff Slyn, Owner
SLYN Systems & Peripherals
(502) 426-5469
a new & improved http://www.SLYNsystems.com coming soon
serving Kentuckiana clients 7 days a week since 1985!