-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harry
Jacobson-Beyer
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:30 AM
To: Macusergroup
Cc: Jacobson-Beyer, Sherry
Subject: [MacGroup] GPS and computer question

Ok, I'm sure some of you out there will know the answer to this
question:

I was watching an episode of the tv program Numbers. In it a laptop
computer was stolen. The police found the computer because it had some
kind of GPS chip/device in it.

The FBI guy in the tv programs said that since 2005 all computers (maybe
that's all laptop computers) are required to have a GPS locating chip/
device in them in case they are stolen/lost etc. Supposedly this will
make them more likely to be found.

Is this accurate / true or is it a fabrication of the script writers to
provide a neat ending to the story?

If it's true, can you explain how it works and how one would know what
to look for if one's computer were stolen, lost, or misplaced?

And how can I get one for me so my loved ones can find me when even I
don't know where I am?  :-)

Thanks.

Harry