It was happening on the machines in the store. Tried it on the MacBooks they where not doing it.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of b3studios Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:04 AM To: Macintosh topics Subject: Re: [MacGroup] Problem with RAM and new MBP it seems odd that it wouldn't happen with the stock 2GB Apple (Samsung actually) RAM that came with the machine. also, it only seems to happen after being put to sleep for longer periods of time (an hour or more?) I will take a look at that article and give it a try thanks On Oct 24, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Ed Wiser wrote: > I noticed on the new MBP's at the apple store where having blank > screens > when the lip was closed and reopened. I waited for the MBP light to go > out on the Apple logo telling me that the contents of the Ram has been > written to a file that helps the machine awake from sleep. This can > sometimes cause problems. > > Look at this: > http://www.windley.com/archives/2007/10/fixing_macbook_pro_sleep_problem > s.shtml > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of > b3studios > Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:38 AM > To: Macgroup > Subject: [MacGroup] Problem with RAM and new MBP > > I'm having some trouble with upgrading RAM in my new MBP. > After installing 4GB (2GBx2) of Crucial RAM in my machine, everything > seemed to be working fine. > That is until I closed the lid on the machine to put it to sleep. Upon > opening the lid, I would hear the optical drive spin up, as well as > the hard drive, but the screen would stay black. > If I restarted the machine by holding down the power button, > everything would be fine. > > I reinstalled the 2GB RAM that came with the machine and everything > was fine. > Thinking I had a bad chip, I returned the Crucial and bought G. Skill > RAM. > > Installed it and everything seemed fine again. I could close the lid, > wait for it to go to sleep, then open the lid and everything would > work normally. > Last night however, I closed the lid and let it go to sleep. We went > out to a movie, and when I came back and opened the machine it had the > black screen again. > I hit the Return button and the screen flashed, then turned blue, then > started the "wake from hibernation" process (like what happens when > the battery runs dead and it accesses the contents that had been > written to memory upon sleep) where I could see the desktop and my > open windows, but they were grayed out and the progress bar at the > bottom of the screen ran through and then everything was normal. > > Same issue this morning after sitting all night. > I have trouble believing that there were problems with BOTH sets of > RAM I installed. > > Any ideas? > > r > > > > _______________________________________________ > The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will > be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. > Posting address: [email protected] > Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup > > > _______________________________________________ > The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will > be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. > Posting address: [email protected] > Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup > _______________________________________________ The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. Posting address: [email protected] Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup _______________________________________________ The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. Posting address: [email protected] Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
