Here you go Tom and Harry:

At the meeting I said you needed FLV player, but I was mistaken. What you
need is VLC Media Player


http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5758/vlc-media-player


It's a freeware app that everyone should have anyway. It'll open a bunch of
things that QT may not understand.



While we're on that subject, another must have is Perian 1.1.2.


http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22923/perian


Another freeware app that adds quite a lot of functionality to Quicktime to
allow it to open things it never could. I believe there's a shareware
version of it also, but I've never run across anything the Free version
couldn't handle.



Now, open Safari and open the Activity window (under Window.) Head for a
site with the Flash video you want and watch the Activity widow. You'll see
a number of files being loaded, one being larger than the rest, usually  in
the multi-megabyte range. (I mentioned the .swf file but again, I was
mistaken.)


The one I practiced on was labeled:

http://v5.cache.googlevideo.com/g...xpire=1225253873&key=yt4&ipbits=2<http://v5.cache.googlevideo.com/get_video?origin=sjc-v296.sjc.youtube.com&video_id=MeBdXxmnAfw&ip=74.138.65.215&signature=80835702DE907759614284784DBF9F2756150284.E2D4559AC1907A5711FA2AC069FCA112BE3C3487&sver=2&expire=1225253873&key=yt4&ipbits=2>and
was 1.2megs.


Double-click this file listing in the Activity window and you should see a
download titled "get_video." It will download as a text file. Change the
suffix to .flv and drag it onto the VLC Media Player.


rob


On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is there a way to copy flash videos embedded in a web page. I can grab
> videos from youtube with "Tube TV" but that doesn't seem to work for non
> YouTube pages.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Harry
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will
> be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane.
> Posting address: [email protected]
> Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>
>
_______________________________________________
The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will
be October 28 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. 
Posting address: [email protected]
Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to