On Aug 26, 2009, at 5:46 AM, Ed Wiser <ewi...@ralcorpfrozen.com> wrote:

Just check the Oxmoor stores website and there is nothing listed for Friday afternoon.

I have not seen anything on the web about Apple stores having an event this time yet either.

I have a meeting that night.

I was hoping that Tom would join in our conversation. If someone could put together a file with some information about our group that would help me a lot. I am really busy today and tomorrow. I could print it out Thursday evening and hand it out Friday morning. I'm thinking that maybe just something business card size with a couple lines and our web address would be sufficient.

I can't stay there all day, so perhaps we could work up shifts where people could stop by during the day at different times and loiter around outside the store. We don't want to be too conspicuous, though, because I'll bet money the mall has a prohibition on hand bills.

I was at the mall the other day getting a new power brick and the genius I talked to said that if he was off work that day, HE would be standing in line, too!

If they don't announce that they are closing the store sometime during the day to reopen for the line, then I would imagine it would be available first thing in the morning. Oxmoor advertises that they open at 10:00 (as does the Apple Store site), but I imagine the mall doors are open some time before that (perhaps 9:00. Does anyone know for sure?)

The line would likely form up when they open the doors to the mall, or even form up outside the mall before, depending on how many fanbois (and fangrrls) want to join me. ::-)

I will be scouring the 'nets for information about it, but, in the absence of announcements to the contrary, it will be when the store opens in the morning, which is 10:00.

Hmmm, gonna have to push back my 10am appointment...

just a few minutes...

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher