In the past I have mentioned that I really need a backup system for the cable,
so I have a DSL line as well.  Today I found another reason for a backup.  I
will post the correspondence I had today with WebEx, the provider of training
materials for Interactive Brokers.

I was not able to download ANY of their training video's, the download would
always "freeze", sometimes as soon as it would start, sometimes when it was
around 80% complete.  I had been on the phone with Interactive Brokers and they
couldn't figure it out so they sent me to WebEx, their provider of live and
recorded sessions.

I spent a good bit of time with two of their people, and I was to try tonight
and get back with the tech support.  We had tried Safari and Firefox, both
doing the same thing.

I am posting the solution to this problem below, who in the world knows why it
works this way in our world but so often it does.

John

Nathan,

Well, you are NOT going to believe this one.

I have 5 Mac's here, all on a Cable high speed line that normally pushes 20 meg
downloads other than the busy times at night. When you and I talked this
afternoon I had that Mac on high speed cable at the office and that didn't
work.   I have one computer on a DSL line, I need it as a backup should the
cable go down.

I tried downloading from all 5 Mac's, using ethernet and then disconnecting and
trying wireless.  Nothing, they all fail.

Then I went to the DSL line and I'll be darn, it works perfectly using Safari.
The failures with cable was using Safari and Firefox.  I know we have been
having a lot of trouble with the cable of late so they must be doing something
that locks or freezes your feed.

Thank goodness for the backup for I was not going to be able to get what I
needed.

I so appreciate your help, put this one in your book for that one other person
in this country that may experience what I have.

John Robinson