Ed, my iMac is connected to a Microsoft Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000, a
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000, a Seagate 2G external drive, a HP
deskjet 5150 printer, an Epson Stylus Photo R220 printer, a stereo sound
mixer/control board, and a Microtek scanner.  I close all programs except
the Finder and browser (Firefox) when I put it to sleep.

Neal, I suppose misery ought to love company, but I'm sorry you have the
same problem.  At least, whenever I get my iMac to stay asleep for any
prolonged period, it stays there.   Maybe Ed can fix our problems and tell
you how to get your G5 to make coffee in the morning.

Meanwhile, what about disabling Expose?

Tnx

Nolan