There are people who swear by AppleCare and then there are people like me who
never buy it. As one who has owned, for business or personal use, more than 100
Macs in the past 20 years I can testify that hardware problems have been few
and far between. And I'm usually buying used, not new, so one would expect an
even higher rate of failure. If had spent even $100 on warranties on each of
those computers, it would have cost me at least $10,000. I would be surprised
if I've spent even $2,000 on all Mac hardware failures combined over that
period.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dan