I generally leave my MacBook Pro on as I travel from home to work and back each
day. I shut the lid, put it in my travel case and open it up when I get to home
or work. Until recently, it always woke up as soon as I opened the lid back up.

However, for the past couple of weeks, every time I open the lid after I get
home or to work, the screen stays black and then, after a few seconds, the
computer auto-restarts. It does this every time now  (it does not do it if I
shut the lid and open it right back up). When it does this auto-restart it also
opens all windows and mounts various network hard drives that I have previously
connected to.

On a couple of occasions it has gotten caught in a restart loop, where the
progress bar goes halfway and then it restarts again and again and again. The
only way I’ve found to get out of this is to do a safe boot. After safe
booting, I have run disk first aid, which finds nothing amiss.

This behavior roughly coincides with upgrading to Sierra, but I’m not convinced
that’s the cause of it.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

MacGroup mailing list