From: Jonathan Fletcher <li...@fletcherdata.com>
To: MacGroup <macgroup@erdos.math.louisville.edu>
Subject: Re: [MacGroup] replace MacBook Air screen
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:12:50 -0400

On Apr 12, 2017, at 12:00 PM,"Jeff @ SLYN Systems" <slynsystems1...@juno.com>
wrote:

> I have a lady whose 11" MacBook Air has a cracked screen even though you
> can't see the physical damage to it.  She would like it replaced by someone
> other than a big company, in order to save money.  She turned down my
> recommendations of Mac Authority and The Apple Store.  Anyone here up for the
> job & can source the screen?
> Let me know and I'll refer you to 1 another.

I looked it up, Jeff, and that looks like a bear of a job. For starters, prices
for the screen parts vary widely. And then, often they will only sell you the
whole top assembly. Some places charge over $400!

Here&rsquo;s one place that does the whole repair for only $200, though:

https://www.macscreenrepair.com/macbook-air-screen-replacement/

That&rsquo;s probably as good as she&rsquo;s going to get.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Fletcher
jonat...@fletcherdata.com

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group
Next Meeting: 4/25/17

Sent from a device not known for spontaneous combustion