I don’t see how in the world it would hurt the camera, look at the photo’s of a
welder’s torch with the flame white hot inches from the camera…the temperature
of the camera won’t change, the brightness of the light is hitting an object
that can’t be hurt like the eye.

Look on the internet for previous photo’s and video’s  of an eclipse, now maybe
you would want to put on a filter on to prevent a blowout of the image?

John