On Aug 8, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <harr...@me.com
<mailto:harr...@me.com>> wrote:

> I learned about the spell checker app SpellCatcher from Lee. The developer
> died in 2012 and the app hasn’t been upgraded for any OS since, however it
> still works. Lee, do you still use it? Is there a more modern, yet similar
> application?

I haven’t used SpellCatcher in a long time. The only spelling add-on I use is
cocoAspell <http://people.ict.usc.edu/~leuski/cocoaspell/>. This uses Apple’s
built-in spell checker service, but it allows more customization than the
standard stuff. It’s based on the open source Aspell program from Linux and
supports just about any language. I use it because it has support for LaTeX,
where I do most of my writing.

L^2

---
‌Lee Larson‌  leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>‌

‌There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been.
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way
through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that
democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'. ‌— Isaac
Asimov
‌Newsweek, 21 Jan 1980‌
‌