Tom,

On the Mac I use Acrobat from Adobe, you can copy text from a PDF with that
software.

I’m winding down for the day when your question came in, so I loaded a PDF from
an IBM article on the iPad about deep learning.

 Opening the PDF in iBooks allows you to drag around the text you want & copy
as you see.....

“Until now, deep learning has largely run on single server because of the
complexity of moving huge amounts of data between different computers. The
problem is in keeping data synchronized between lots of different servers and
processors
In it announcement early Tuesday, IBM (ibm, -1.16%) says it has come up with
software that can divvy those tasks among 64 servers running up to 256
processors total, and still reap huge benefits in speed. The company is making
that technology available to customers using IBM Power System servers and to
other techies who want to test it.”

John

Sent from my iPad