On May 31, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <harr...@me.com
<mailto:harr...@me.com>> wrote:

>  I just did and it said mail.me <http://mail.me/>.com is using port 993 which
> is not one of the ports you asked about.

Apple’s mail uses IMAPs by default. The standard IMAPs ports are 993 for
incoming mail and 465 for outgoing mail (SMTP). I only listed outgoing ports in
my previous note. (IMAPs = secure IMAP = SSL encrypted IMAP)

>      I Think Apple tech support had me change to that port. What port should
> I be using for incoming me.com <http://me.com/> mail?

993 is correct for IMAPs.

>        In the advanced tab in Mail Preferences—> Accounts there is no iMap
> Path Prefix: Should there be.
>        Also the Authentication line says Apple Token - is that correct?

When you’re talking to the iCloud mail server using Apple mail it’s smart
enough to use the right prefix automatically.

The authentication token is the encryption token and it’s supplied by Apple.

>        Again, thanks for your help.

It doesn’t seem like there’s been any help, so far. Just a lot of wild guesses
to keep you busy.

L^2

---
‌Lee Larson‌
‌leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>‌

‌Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. ‌— Sinclair Lewis
‌Arrowsmith (1925)‌

‌‌‌