On Oct 15, 2018, at 11:33 PM, macgroup-requ...@erdos.math.louisville.edu
<mailto:macgroup-requ...@erdos.math.louisville.edu> wrote:

> As far as maps, I know I must be missing something but for my needs Apple’s
> Maps have not failed…maybe no street view, but what I’ve needed is to get
> from point A to point B…if you remember, it was 60 minutes, 20/20 or one of
> the other news stations that featured Google maps in a long story about this
> young girl that followed Google Maps to end up lost in the desert, out of gas.

I was not attacking Apple maps. I was merely pointing out that DuckDuckGo
doesn’t have anything comparable to the maps from Google. For my purposes, I
switch between the three different navigation programs: Google, Apple and Waze.
(Google owns Waze.)

Google and Waze have better current traffic information, probably because
that’s what Waze was made to do. Google also has bicycle routes, which I use
quite a bit when bicycling in cities away from home.

Apple is easy to use on the go because of Siri. It also seems to have a cleaner
look.

L^2

PS/ Apple maps has a little mistake that I’ve reported to them several times to
no avail.

When I was small, we lived on Horseshoe Lake Circle near Negaunee, Michigan. If
you search for this in Apple maps, you’ll see the horseshoe-shaped lake near
there is called, by Apple maps, Morgan Pond. It’s actually Horseshoe Lake.

Morgan Pond is several miles to the east. The pond is on the map, but is not
named. You can see it by using the search “Morgan Creek Negaunee Michigan.” You
can see a creek clearly labeled Morgan Creek flowing into the unnamed pond.

---
Lee Larson
leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>

‌‌
‌I cannot live without brain-work. What else is there to live for? — ‌Sherlock
Holmes,

‌The Sign of Four‌