Morning tidbit for the masses…

Brand loyalty is a biggie for Apple users, the company continues to maintain
their customers year after year…slowly increasing their Footprint.

At the intro this week Tim Cook said that there were now over 100 Million Mac
Users….big number but small compared to the 1.9 Billion Windows users.

Apple now has 13% of the market in America, when Jobs returned it was around
1%…at least the progress is in the right direction and it has slowed due to
Apple devoting most of it’s engineering to the iPhone and related products…

Now that the Mac line is beginning to be refreshed it’s going to help…in fact
the new high end iPad Pro, costing up to $1,800.00 sold out on the first day of
preorder and is now on a two week delay and the Apple Watch is growing 40% over
sales this time last year.

But I wanted to discuss another brand that has my loyalty…Bose….

So much of our home is outfitted with Bose, as well as personal units..It’s one
stellar product and once a company laches onto my mindset they have me..

Yesterday I was in a Bose store and ask the guy helping me what happened to the
company after Mr. Bose death in 2013.

On the Forbes most valuable privately held companies Bose was number 108….and
the lucky recipient of most of the company was none other than…..MIT……Mr. Bose
Alma-mater.

Their only stipulation was the company had to remain Private, there would be no
stock offering…..below is a small clip of the award….and even with this event
Apple still garnered a bit of press.

Hopefully the sharp folks at MIT will continue on with Mr. Bose progress…one of
the most unbelievable accomplishments of Mr. Bose was his auto suspension
system, using magnets….go on line and look at the Lexus fitted with his system,
simply unbelievable.  I gather the reason no manufacturer has adopted would be
cost.

Bose, longtime MIT professor and member of the class of 1951, quietly
transferred his stake in the company to his alma mater two years before his
death.

Not a word about it from the Bose Corporation. A brief press release from MIT.
Yet Bose had given to MIT the majority of the stock of Bose Corporation,

Chief among those new challenges is Apple. The tech giant is a classic
corporate frenemy: it's both a retail partner for Bose (its products are sold
online and at brick-and-mortar Apple Stores) and one of Bose's main
competitors, thanks to Apple's $3 billion acquisition in 2014 of Beats
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cnet.com_news_apple-2Dfinally-2Dconfirms-2Dits-2Dbuying-2Dbeats-2Dfor-2D3b_&d=DwIFaQ&c=OAG1LQNACBDguGvBeNj18Swhr9TMTjS-x4O_KuapPgY&r=F2GFXrjLFqVo3VwvIlo_XYeEiRRjHv15rxcenz7A21woG2aFGcrzndoSsskxfmOs&m=EZU_swBVXBQlJoIBgqImbK52PwWi-ex4V3jX6MTYXJA&s=nGp1baTFS3m0_giMrzveuvO9Az0SXpffaT6W2UmPAG8&e=>,
 the trendy headphone brand founded by musician Dr. Dre

Research firm NPD pegs Beats as the top brand for headphones in the US,
garnering almost one in three dollars spent on headphones in 2015. Bose was
number two, with 11 percent of the revenue in the category -- about a third
that of Beats.