Hi all,

This is only tangentially computer-related, because it has to do with internet
services. [1]

My 'special offer' with AT&T ended, so my cable+tv bill went up ~$60/month to
~$190/month (!). This could be lowered to $172/month by reducing the number of
worthless shopping channels.

I priced out 'new customer' offers from Spectrum, and found that I could get
roughly equivalent service for roughly $20/month less including 'Spectrum
Ultra' which advertises up to 400Mbps downloads [2]. The one problem is
Spectrum says nothing about their upload speeds, and I need to know such things
for work.

Does anyone have any idea what upload speed is? Online I found ~20Mbps. Is this
right? My AT&T seems to be symmetric up and down at 60Mbps. I couldn't care
less about the download speed, but the quick upload speed is nice.

Also: does anyone have modern negotiation techniques for trying to lower the
price? In the past (or rather: up to 2017), just asking was good enough to
lower the bill. Last year and this year telling the person the price from the
competition did no good.

Cheers,

Bill

[1] Or rather: new requirement for life because of companies which require
online bill paying.
[2] Of course 'up to 400Mbps' includes things like 1Mbps.