Thanks Lee! I've checked all the system log files in the log folder and nothing
shows about my ethernet connection. (I'm searching the files for en0) Using
netstat I can see that it is connected this morning to the server since I just
connected to it. Now I just have to see if it reports back when it drops. I
didn't see any time references in netstat. Do you know if there is a way to
display the time with the info? I didn't see anything in the netstat man about
that. I'm wanting to find out when exactly it is dropping since it normally
does it when we're not here to monitor the connection.

Thanks again for the assist!

I'm researching why the connection to one of our servers keeps dropping and
I've read that I should take a look at the system log to see what it says, but
I'm not seeing anything that refers to network connections in Console other
than WiFi and this computer is connected via ethernet. Can anyone please point
me to where I should be looking? I'm trying to narrow down a timeframe of when
this is happening as it seems to be after hours. Running Sierra. Thanks!

Maybe it's just me, but I find the Console app to be pretty unhelpful and
confusing after the changes they made to it a year or so ago.

When I need information about network connections, I go to the terminal and the
netstat command. There's probably a GUI for it in the App Store, but I've never
looked.

You can also take a look at the raw log files, which are in /var/log. When I
want information about Ethernet connections, I'll often find it in the
system.log files. (Normally, your Ethernet connection is en0.)

L^2

----
Lee Larson
leelar...@me.com<mailto:leelar...@me.com>

Beth Phillips
IT Associate
PHONE | 800-626-6409 x8385
DIRECT | 502-222-8385
EMAIL | beth.phill...@fastline.com<mailto:%7BE-mail%7D>
WEBSITE |
www.FastlineMediaGroup.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.FastlineMediaGroup.com&d=DwIFAw&c=OAG1LQNACBDguGvBeNj18Swhr9TMTjS-x4O_KuapPgY&r=F2GFXrjLFqVo3VwvIlo_XYeEiRRjHv15rxcenz7A21woG2aFGcrzndoSsskxfmOs&m=S59Y3eUQP0tsq-OUXOsQLxRyxtICUaPu6k4PvUMZutM&s=tIoldy6jo-3D3apROExY9InxPs-Ti6Povd6sadLE4tk&e=