Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone a little more experienced with the planner could
explain some behavior to me. In the code, there are specific error checks
that do not allow digital outputs to change state if cutter compensation is
turned on. First question, why? What cutter comp logic is broken by a
motion synchronized digital output? M64/M65 look like they could be queue
busters, and maybe the logic get's complex to replan, but I don't
understand the restriction on M62/M63.

As a test, I commented out the guard checking for cutter comp and used the
following snippet of code:

M62 P1 (OUTPUT COMES ON HERE)
G1 G41.1D#<_kerf_rad> X0.0000 Y-0.1000 (OUTPUT GOES OFF HERE)
G3 X0.2000 Y0.2000 I0.0000 J0.2000
G3 X0.0000 Y0.0000 I-0.7510 J0.0000
M63P1
G3 X-0.2000 Y0.2000 I-0.2000 J0.0000
G1 X0.0000 Y-0.1000
M05
M62 P1 (OUTPUT COMES ON HERE)
G1 G41.1D#<_kerf_rad> X0.0000 Y-0.1000
G3 X0.2000 Y0.2000 I0.0000 J0.2000
G3 X0.0000 Y0.0000 I-0.7510 J0.0000
M63P1 (OUTPUT GOES OFF HERE)
G3 X-0.2000 Y0.2000 I-0.2000 J0.0000
G1 X0.0000 Y-0.1000
M05

I commented above about the side effects I'm seeing. The first call to turn
on the ouput works, but the state is immediately cleared in the next line.
Then, the second time the code is encountered, it works as expected. There
are no hiccups in motion though, it is perfectly smooth.

To test if I broke something elsewhere, I used the below snippet (which is
above, but without cutter comp, and only the first nonfunctional hole):

M62 P1   (OUTPUT COMES ON HERE)
G91 G1 X0.0000 Y-0.1000
G3 X0.2000 Y0.2000 I0.0000 J0.2000
G3 X0.0000 Y0.0000 I-0.7511 J0.0000
M63 P1   (OUTPUT GOES OFF HERE)
G3 X-0.2000 Y0.2000 I-0.2000 J0.0000
G1 X0.0000 Y-0.1000
M05

This version works as expected, the output remains in the requested state.

I'm a little stumped, why does cutter comp enable/disable affect gpio?

Thanks for any guidance,
Devin