Nevermind...it's not a python problem.  I dug into the debug file
(where the filenames come from) and the extra 'dot' is present in the
files generated by the BBB default installed pasm (/usr/bin/pasm) but
is not present in the pasm included with machinekit (available if you
do a RIP build).  So I've got to figure out what's up with the
difference, and if a bug crept into the official BBB pasm.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net