> On 07 Apr 2017, at 11:26, 'Marco Negrini' via Machinekit
> <machinekit@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> the link work for me, it points to a post called "alternatives for remote
> control", it is quite old (2014)
>
> i followed the tinstruction in your link, but i ended up in an error, while
> executing
>
> git clone https://github.com/machinekoder/webvcp.git
> <https://github.com/machinekoder/webvcp.git>
> cd webvcp
> npm install
>
> the install command
>
> this is the output
>
> zmq.target.mk:92: recipe for target 'Release/obj.target/zmq/binding.o' failed
> make: *** [Release/obj.target/zmq/binding.o] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory
> '/home/machinekit/browser/webvcp/node_modules/zmq/build'
> gyp ERR! build error
> gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
> gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit
> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:276:23)
> gyp ERR! stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
> gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
> gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit
> (internal/child_process.js:215:12)
> gyp ERR! System Linux 3.8.13-xenomai-r78
> gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs"
> "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
> gyp ERR! cwd /home/machinekit/browser/webvcp/node_modules/zmq
> gyp ERR! node -v v6.10.2
> gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.4.0
> gyp ERR! not ok
>
> other things that can i do?

I can’t help you here. Like I said bleeding edge, and you just got cut.

> i have heard of machinetalk, but i don't have a clear idea of what it is, and
> what it does…

see alexanders blog (same as the webvcp link), there are 5 post on machinetalk.

> i was thinking to do a http server using apache and python.
> axis is already written in python, so i can try to make some little script
> for simple thing like homing, and then program execution.
> and, maybe, make a version of axis completely for browser.

I wouldn’t do that.
Remote control, machinetalk, qtquickvcp and recently webvcp is what's Alexander
has been working on these past years. Don’t go reinventing the wheel but use
what’s already there.