On 1/28/2018 5:58 PM, mugginsac wrote:
> I am trying to follow Robert Nelson's instructions on the eewiki to build a
> stretch installation for the DE10-Nano with a DE10-Nano-DB25 and 1206 size
> parts.
>
> I got u-boot built from the github repository but it still won't boot. My
> guess is that the FPGA is not properly initialized. So my question is this:
>
> Does the soc_system.rbf need to get loaded at boot time? If yes, where is
> it supposed to be located for u-boot to find it?

Not necessarily, it depends on how you have the system configured.

If you are setup to boot off the uSD card, you do not ever need to
program the FPGA, although you _can_ program the FPGA either from Linux
at run-time, via u-boot, or via an external flash device.

If you want u-Boot to program the FPGA, the rbf file typically resides
in the FAT partition along with the kernel and device-tree files, but it
can live elsewhere as well.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net