On 2/20/2018 2:25 PM, Richard Thornton wrote:
> Thanks Charles, much appreciated.
>
> Sorry for the newbie questions.
>
> With machinekit on the de0-nano is there a pinout to stepper drivers?

Yes, but since it's an FPGA it can be pretty much whatever you want in
terms of how many stepgens, encoders, etc.  There are some existing
configs which may or may not work for you, see the PIN_* files:

https://github.com/machinekit/mksocfpga/tree/master/HW/hm2/config/DE0_Nano_SoC_DB25

...depending on what you need for I/O pins.  I notice there is a
conspicuous lack of a configuration for something like a G540 (or even
stepgen + GPIO on the same DE0-Nano pin-header).  I can make one if
you'd like.

> Say I get machinekit on the de0-nano running and correctly cabled, do I
> just install machinekit on an x86_64 pc, load my drawing and send it to the
> de0-nano over IP, are there instructions for all of this?

You only need Machinekit installed on the DE0-Nano.  For an interface,
you either need to use X11 forwarding and bring up the display on a
different machine (the Axis GUI or one of the other traditional
LinuxCNC GUIs), or you can use one of Alexander's Qt interfaces (Cetus
or Machineface) which are designed to run on a tablet or remote computer.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net