On 14/05/18 19:10, Eric wrote:
 BeagleBone wireless, including the wifi chip: http://octavosystems.com/2016/09/27/the-beaglebone-black-wireless-and-beagleboard-compatibility/

Getting wifi up and running on an image I didn't create (and admittedly don't fully understand yet) seemed like a pretty hard task.

Looks like you need the firmware-ti-connectivity package, which is backported all the way back to Jessie now
https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/firmware-ti-connectivity

Needs a 4.1 > kernel by the looks of it though, to get the kernel module, so if the image you tried uses the 3.8 xenomai kernel or similar, that is part of the problem

All the information is out there, but I would suggest you contact Robert Nelson who make the images, he will know which one you need.

--
website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit