If I boot the 8.7 image with machinekit I can start linuxcnc or stepconf
with ssh -X machinekit@beaglebone.local. However, when I try to start
linuxcnc or machinekit after logging in with ssh -X
machinekit@beaglebone.local on the 9.5 (Stretch) image, I get the following
error (same error whether I type linuxcnc or machinekit).
MACHINEKIT - 0.1
application-specific initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
environment variable
Error in startup script: invalid command name "image"
    while executing
"image create photo -file $f/$i.gif"
    invoked from within
"if [file exists $f/$i.gif] {
            return [image create photo -file $f/$i.gif]
        }"
    (procedure "linuxcnc::image_search" line 7)
    invoked from within
"linuxcnc::image_search machinekit-wizard"
    invoked from within
"set logo [linuxcnc::image_search machinekit-wizard]"
    (file "/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/bin/pickconfig.tcl" line 31)
Since it works under Jessie and not under Stretch, it seems to me that the
change must either have something to do with changes made in  either in
machinekit or in Stretch. Anyway help would be appreciated.

Alan