On 9/8/2018 8:08 PM, mugginsac wrote:
> When I try to use p8.03 in the setup.sh file
> I get "bash: /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P8_03_pinmux/state: No such file
> or directory
> Cannot write pinmux file: /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P8_03_pinmux/state".
>
> I also tried to use a different pin that Charles told me was in audio_cape.
>
> Is uEnv.txt what controls the pinmux state?

Not directly.  The device-tree is what controls the pinmux entries (or
lack there-of), but uEnv.txt controls how the device-tree is generated.

> In uEnv.txt I see entries:
> #disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
> #disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1
>
> Do you just uncomment the following two lines?
> disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
> disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1

I'd start with that, since the two pins you're trying to use are tied
to the eMMC (P8.3) and Audio (P9.25).

WARNING: If you use any of the eMMC pins, be aware that they will
"twiddle" during boot when the CPU reads the first-stage boot loader
off of the eMMC.  If you drive any of the eMMC pins during boot, you
will likely wind up with a system that will not boot.  If you want to
boot off the uSD card and *NOT* have the CPU read from the eMMC first,
you need to hold the boot button down or otherwise change the boot
pins to avoid reading from the eMMC.

It's much safer to use the audio pins and leave the eMMC pins alone.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net