Hi,

I have to declare some new HAL modules, which is the best way to do it?

First one: when a security switch gets pressed I have to pause the printing
and override actual temperature and position (move up of a cm), before
resuming printing I need to wait for the temperature to be on point.
My idea: defining a new "pause" button, outside of axis, and show it in a
glade panel. this module will know the switch state and pause axis, and
know temperature so it will resume axis only when it is possible.
I looked in the guide, I guess I should do it in icomp, is it suited? or is
there a better way?

Second one: this is more like a driver, I have to take the commanded
position from axis, do some stepgen-magic things and send the velocity to
the stepper controller via spi. (the point is sending something via spi,
from a raspberry)
What should I use to write this?
Here (
https://forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/29742-pidicnc-control-system?start=50#115691)

I have something very similar to what I want to do,after line 2300 (
https://github.com/mngr0/stepgenspi/blob/master/pidi.c#L2306) there is the
code to write directly on the registers for spi (code made for the
raspberry).
I guess that lot of common libraries for rpi-spi cannot work in real-time
environment, what can be a clean way to implement that?

by the way, in the guide
http://www.machinekit.io/docs/developing/writing-components/ there is a
dead link at "Further info here
<http://www.machinekit.io/docs/hal/new-instantiated-components>"