On 5/1/2019 5:58 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> I have the latest Machinekit build (4.19.31-bone-rt-r31 #1stretch PREEMPT
> RT) and am trying to set up to build PRU programs.
> I got the compiler includes and pasm running, now when I compile a program
> using prussdrv, I don't have the prussdrv library.
>
> The error I get is :
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprussdrv
>
> Does anybody know what package to install to get these files?

AFAIK, there isn't a package.

You can build from the Machinekit source tree, or the original source
from github (see /pru_sw/app_loader):

https://github.com/beagleboard/am335x_pru_package

The Submakefile in src/hal/support has the hooks for building prussdrv
(and the pasm assembler) in the Machinekit source tree (very similar
to the LinuxCNC Makefile & Submakefile setup if you're familiar with
that).

NOTE: The Machinekit build considers prussdrv.c just another C file,
which is the easiest way to build (just add the files to your project
and include them in your build process).  If you want to actually
install prussdrv as a system-wide library, the original Makefile from
the beagleboard am335x_pru_package is more appropriate for that.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net