> On Dec 4, 2017, at 3:44 PM, Daniel Jalkut <jal...@red-sweater.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve proactively configured ATS in my app so that domains I expect to always
> support HTTPS are required to use it. One of the domains I’ve configured in
> this way is “wordpress.com”.
>
> I’m seeing a puzzling behavior in which an NSURLSession data task fails with
> -1022 (NSURLErrorAppTransportSecurityRequiresSecureConnection) when I try to
> load:
>
> http://sweatershots.wordpress.com/
>
> But succeeds when I try to load:
>
> http://sweatertest.wordpress.com/
>
> I can’t make any sense of it. The only thing to note about the failing URL
> are that it was a new subdomain just registered at WordPress.com today. The
> succeeding one is a URL that I have worked with from this app for a long time.
>
> Does the ATS system provide some kind of courtesy grandfathering for specific
> subdomains? What else would explain this?
>
> By the way, I am setting a cache policy to ignore local cache, so I don’t
> think it’s anything like that.
>
> Daniel

There is an exception list for ATS in the Info.plist. Would
sweatertest.wordpress.com <http://sweatertest.wordpress.com/> be listed there?

Unless an http URL is in the exception list, it will always fail. (See
NSExceptionDomains)

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/CocoaKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009251-SW33

<https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/CocoaKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009251-SW33>

Tom